Community conversation at Condah 2014
In 2014 Maryanne Martin assisted Heywood RSL sub branch to successfully apply for a federal government ANZAC Centenary Local Grant. The grant was used to fund a facilitated community conversation held on April 11 2014.
Questions for the conversation
- THE SOLDIERS:
- What does the information tell us about the men from Condah and Lake Condah who enlisted?
- THE COMMUNITY:
- What was happening in the community during the war years? What would it have been like living in this community? What was it like for women, children, indigenous members, and the men who did not enlist? How did people support, or not support, the war?
- COMMUNITY LEARNING ABOUT SOLDIERS’ EXPERIENCE
- What, and how, did the community learn about what it was like for those at the front?
- What’s important for our community to learn from the story of Condah 1914 – 1918
- Each participant present was provided with a book to assist their participation in the conversation.
Click on the link to download the book Condah_Book_16.4.14